Wednesday, February 6, 2008

ash wednesday

ash wednesday is a day to repent of our sins and remember our transgressions before God. in doing so, we realize God's grace in our lives.

one of my precious friends gave natalie a little daybook of children's prayers called "give me grace." the prayer for wednesday is this...

wednesday make me full of light.
guide my heart both day and night.
give me gladness,
give me grace.
shine your love upon my face.

as i watch natalie grow and grow each day, i see the face of God. this little baby literally takes my breath away. in her, i see God's grace. i see an amazing miracle. i see God's love, provision, and His faithfulness to me. i don't know how i deserve to be blessed with such a gift as this child. she is such a light in my life and i love her more than words can describe. i am so thankful to God for this blessing.

today, i am thankful that i have a Saviour to whom i can turn to ask for forgiveness from my many sins. i am so thankful for God's grace. i am beyond thankful that he forgives the sinful person that i am--and that i can be confident in His perfect love for me despite my weaknesses due to his AMAZING GRACE. i am so thankful that he gave me such a precious gift in this little girl, miss natalie. she is the epitome of God's love and God's light.

forgiveness and grace. love and light. God is Good.

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me....For when I am weak, then I am strong." II Corinthians 12:9...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN.

Christiana (from work)