Wednesday, September 23, 2009

my Grandpa


Those of you who know my Grandpa know how special he is...

Those of you who know my Grandpa know that...

my Grandpa is an amazing man of character, kindness and strength...

my Grandpa loves the Lord with all of his heart.

On Sunday, around noon, my Grandpa's heart needed a miracle.
Natalie and I were sitting in front of him on the floor as he was sitting in his "Grandpa chair." Natalie was showing him a book when I looked up and noticed that he looked very pale. He whispered to me, "I need a cold rag." Immediately I knew that something was wrong. I was so scared. All that happened after that is somewhat of a blur, as 911 was being called and my sister and I tried to get Grandpa to keep his eyes open and keep talking to us.
We later found out that he was having a heart attack. Gratefully, the team at West Georgia Medical Center was able to perform a cardiac catheterization, which revealed that one of his arteries was 100% blocked. They were able to perform an angioplasty and placed two stents that helped to restore flow to a major artery.
He remains in the hospital and he needs our prayers. Please pray especially for his strength to be restored and for his heart to heal from the procedure. Please pray for my precious Grandma as she cares for Grandpa during this time. We love you Grandpa, and can't wait to see you this weekend.


fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Kelly - we are praying for your grandpa and your whole family. Please keep us posted!!!
Love and peace to you,
Jamie