Saturday, June 21, 2008

swim...bike...run...

my most precious fan

the tri sisters

our other cute fans...lonnie and dave!

blast from the past...before the race at St. Anthony's in 2007, katy and daddy looking on!


Sarah and I...so glad St. Anthony's is over!!


Last year, my precious friends Sarah, Kimberly and Kacey talked me into doing an Olympic distance triathlon. Through this experience with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's team in training program, I met lots of incredible people and raised money for a great cause. It was quite a challenge. We participated in the Saint Anthony's triathlon race in St. Petersburg, Florida in April 2007. About a week before the triathlon, I discovered a very exciting surprise...that I was pregnant!!! Oh my goodness, Dave and I were so surprised and excited about our news. With the doctor's well wishes, Natalie raced in her first triathlon at the gestational age of about eight weeks!


My sister came down to watch us race in 2007 and this year decided she wanted to do a triathlon too. She talked me into doing the Callaway Gardens sprint tri this weekend, and we had a wonderful time. I couldn't have made it through without you, Katy! I am so proud of you. We decided we would make it an annual event to do the Callaway Gardens Sprint tri. Our fam came down to cheer us on, and of course Natalie was my number one fan even though she fell asleep before we finished!

2 comments:

Lane said...

hey,
i planned on calling you last night to get more details, but i hand a kasey crisis to deal with. i want to hear more, though. i'll call you later this week, i need advice for sunday! i'm really excited. are you sure you can't do acworth with us? :)

The Davis Family said...

I am so proud of you. Rock on!
Katie