Saturday, November 29, 2008

thanksgiving

the "girls" table...my plate was very sad due to my missing tonsils and the pain they caused!

nat and her pappy

playing the piano with uncle lonnie

eating away!

posing with the turkey...


a stroll with pappy on thanksgiving morn...

It was Grandma Ruth's (Dave's Grandmother) 85th birthday on Friday...happy birthday Grandma Ruth!

All the yummy food I couldn't eat

My favorite...the dessert table...I will have to make up for this at Christmas!

Daddy and Nat Nat

chowing down on her "biter biscuit"

natalie's little spot!

I wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you all had wonderful times with your families. We have had a bit of an adventurous thanksgiving, as I had my tonsils out on Tuesday. It has been a far rougher recovery than I anticipated. I am still in a lot of pain, but hope to be doing better soon. It is really painful, I tell you!

Above are some pics from the Sprinkle Thanksgiving adventures...Natalie went down to LaGrange on Monday night to stay with Gam and Pappy, as my surgery was Tuesday morning. Dave and I headed down to LaGrange on Wednesday and spent the night...we headed back up to Dave's parents for dinner in Norcross, but I was unfortunately passed out with pain by that time and didn't get any pics from our second Thanksgiving adventure. I am especially grateful for my precious family this year. I think Natalie had a very fun Thanksgiving at the Woodward's and Sprinkle's.

5 comments:

AnnieBlogs said...

Girl. You had your tonsils out and were sitting at a table 2 days later? You did better than me.

I had mine out last Sept. It's horrible, I know.

If you need any help or any suggestions or have questions- just email me! I'm happy to give you any tips I learned.

afdowns [at] gmail [dot] com

Love ya!

Erika said...

Kelly ~ I heard from someone at work that you were going to have your tonsils out. You're doing amazing if you were even able to go to Thanksgiving :) I had mine out in October and felt too horrible to leave the house for at least the first week (but really longer than that to really recover). I hope that you keep feeling better and better though! You will slowly be able to eat again!
Love,
Erika Rollo

gertsbride said...

Oh, Kelly! Bless your sweet heart! I'm glad you're on the mend. Nothing like those moments with people you love to lift your spirits. And, I'm sure Natalie's smiles are the best medicine of all!

Love,
Mary Beth

Robin said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Oh lawsie... I 'bout died when I had my tonsils out at age 10!!! I can't imagine the pain at almost 30! You poor thing... you must tell us what drove you to such drastic measures! Hope you're feeling better. I'd rather give birth again than get my tonsils out again... the giving and the recovery was easier! Whatcha think?