Wednesday, April 1, 2009

it's an art, not a science (and a little catching up!)

I am not an artist or a scientist when it comes to cooking. I am a horrible cook, and I burnt these bunny cookies today (and ruined them) just to prove it!

my new favorite picture!!

The "Pebbles" ponytail!

Who needs expensive toys when you have ziploc baggie boxes around the house?

Blowing Bubbles

Playing with my friend T.!

I love my backpack that Aunt Shannon gave me!

Seriously, the child loves boxes!


The past couple of days, I have been reflecting on the fact that parenting is an art, not a science. I love being Natalie's mama, and I love learning more every day about how to be a good parent to her. For so long, I thought that surely there was an "exact" way to do things...but I am definitely learning that being a parent is like being an artist. I must be creative and intuitive and figure out what works best for this amazing little one... I can hardly believe that she is fifteen months old...she is certainly into everything! We are having lots of fun, and I really like this "toddler" stage. She is such a hoot, and keeps me laughing. She is the greatest blessing from God in our lives. Thanks for keeping up with us!


2 comments:

haley said...

i love the pictures! Natalie is so precious! If parenting is an art, Poor Isabel is in trouble because I don't have creative bone in my body. I guess I'll be calling you all the time for help. :)

Love you!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a beautiful little girl....Love the header. Just blog hopping tonight as I have only blogged a couple of months...Hope you will stop by and meet Parker and our miracle Jack.