Monday, July 13, 2009

grateful


Today, mom and dad were in a bad car accident on their way home from dropping Natalie off in Atlanta. It seems that a driver who was traveling northbound lost control of his car, which crossed the median and hit my parents car. My dad's jeep cherokee rolled over several times before landing upside down in the ditch.
Today, I praise God for His protection over their lives.
Today, I am grateful for the passerby's who came to help them get out of their vehicle, which was upside down.
I am grateful for the drivers who stopped to pray for them.
I am grateful that, of all people, the physician who is in charge of all EMT's (emergency medical technicians) in the state of Georgia was driving down I-85 South to a meeting in LaGrange, and just happened to pull up upon the scene right after the accident occurred.
I am grateful to my precious family in LaGrange who saw them through every step of their journey today.
It is terrifying to think of what 'could have' happened. I have had a lump in my throat all evening, and I am just grateful for their survival and relieved that they are okay.
But like mama told me tonight, "no matter what would have happened...either way, God would have taken care of us."
And He does take care of us.
And I have to trust that and be grateful for His sovereignty and provision.
Today, I am beyond grateful for my most amazing parents, and so glad that they are home, [hopefully] resting and recovering from this ordeal.
We love you, Gam and Pappy, and we are praying for you...

Love, us

"The Lord is our refuge and strength; an ever-present help in times of trouble."
Psalm 46:1


7 comments:

Robin said...

Oh Kelly, I am so thankful God was watching out for them. Please keep me updated on how they are. I love you and miss you Kel!

The Del Angel Family said...

We are so thankful they were ok, Kel... We'll continue to pray for recovery and praise God for all of those people that helped them through. Love you, girl!

haley said...

kelly - that is so scary! i am so thankful that they are ok. what a reminder that every breath is a blessing from God! Love you!

The Davis Family said...

i have got the absolute biggest lump in my throat after reading this and sending up multiple thanks and praises for your parents. i love you, girly.

shannon said...

I love you too, Gam and Pappy :)

whitney said...

love you, kel! and love your sweet family!! so glad everyone is ok!!

SBreemes said...

How scary and awful...glad to know that everyone is okay though! It sounds like everyone that helped them were angels here on earth!