Monday, October 12, 2009

girl, we are done goin' to the chapel...

My sister, Katy, is something else, I tell you. This year, she has been a wedding planner for 6 weddings..all the while ...planning to become a mama to sweet Molly who was born in August! She's really great at what she does, and I'm very proud of her. Early in 2009, she decided to hire me to be her 'assistant' of sorts on the actual wedding days, and boy have we had some adventures. It has been so much fun to hang out with her on those lovely, but grueling 12+ hour long Saturdays.

We've laughed, freaked out, loved and cried.
We've met some sweet and incredible brides, grooms and families.
We've done some crazy things.
We've become heavy equipment operators, manual laborers, florists, cake cutters and servers, chauffeurs, centerpiece arrangers, improvisers, re-arrangers, seamstresses (when a bride's bustle broke about a million times).
We've been sweet and bossy...telling those groomsmen to spit out their gum and put that beer down OR ELSE.
We've had a fun, late night meal at the Waffle House.
We've joined the wedding crowd in a shout out song to the bride's home state of west virginia: singing, "country roads, take me home, to the place where I belong...west virginia, mountain momma, take me home, take me home" and we both cried during it (dad's from WV)!
And this weekend I actually threatened a group of groomsmen who wanted to leave the church before the wedding to go on a little adventure-and they listened to me...ha!

Don't mess with a Woodward girl who is trying to ensure that the bride has a perfect day! We are quite a team.

This past weekend was the last hoorah...It was quite a beautiful wedding, and we worked very, very hard. Katy--my girl--we are DONE goin' to the chapel for a little while. It's been a blast. I love you so much and I'm so grateful for these great memories. Good work, Sis.

katy and i as little tykes

on molly's birth day

crying because we love each other (dave looking on wondering what has happened to us)


love you katy!!

2 comments:

Brian Woodward said...

Kelly
It is cool catching up w/ you on here from time to time! I didn't realize that you and Katy were in the wedding business. How cool is that. Your thoughts were awesome! You have a great family my friend! Keep up the great work mama!

Brian

PS My blog is no where as cool(ie: no cute kid pictures) but I know you'll enjoy the read
bonezini.blogspot.com

Brian Woodward said...

Kelly
It is cool catching up w/ you on here from time to time! I didn't realize that you and Katy were in the wedding business. How cool is that. Your thoughts were awesome! You have a great family my friend! Keep up the great work mama!

Brian

PS My blog is no where as cool(ie: no cute kid pictures) but I know you'll enjoy the read
bonezini.blogspot.com