Tuesday, December 29, 2009

happy 2nd birthday natalie!

My precious Natalie...I can hardly believe you are TWO YEARS OLD!
Time has gone by entirely too fast, and you are truly becoming such a big girl. You have the sweetest personality and disposition, and you have a lot of spunk too. You have the best laugh, and you always make me smile. If you know you're getting into trouble, you always try to make me laugh (and it's hard not to...you are a smart little girl!). You always say "love you." You are so good at saying your prayers at night and before meals. You are a creative soul, and you love to color, play with markers and play-doh (you call it "doe-pay"). You love to play hide and seek and pretend like you're counting ("two....one"). You are VERY opinionated about your clothes and shoes, and you love to pick out your outfits every day. You love to wear "p.j.s." You love to stay "home"...you must be a homebody like me. On those days that I go to work, you say "home" (b/c you want to stay home)...it breaks my heart every time. I cherish my days with you. You are beautiful, funny and sweet. You are so special to us.

Being your parent is the greatest responsibility and gift from God. I thank God continuously for you, as you are the most precious blessing your dad and I could ever receive on this earth. I received a very special Christmas gift from a friend at work this year...a calendar of prayers for every day throughout the year.

I look forward to loving you and praying for you during the year to come, my precious child.

This is the prayer for the date of December 28th, Nat's birthday...brings me to tears:

"Lord, may my child have a relationship with You, Lord, that is truly her own--not an extension of mine or anyone else's. I want the comfort of knowing that when I'm no longer on this earth, her faith will be strong enough to keep her "steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 15:58).

my sweet girl blowing out her two candles on her birthday

natalie's new easel

riding outside with her daddy on her birthday

natalie had a blast at the children's museum on her birthday! mama, dada, grandpa bobby and grandma ce-ce came too!

loving the train table

i think her favorite activity of the day was running back and forth across the suspension bridge!

gone fishing

peek a boo

playing with the kitchen

climbing up the banana slide

watching the balls drop!

1 comment:

THobbs said...

Adorable! Congrats on a beautiful 2 year old little girl...she is perfect! Birthdays are so bittersweet...you are happy to see them growing and changing, but sad to see their baby days fleeting. Love ya Kel! Wish our girls were closer together!