Thursday, September 2, 2010

my big girl

all dressed up for her "meet the teacher" tea at school

reading a "georgia bulldog" book with daddy

painting at the easel!


my sweetheart

my big girl starts preschool on tuesday.
my natalie is growing up.
i've been extremely emotional this week, which i'm sure could not possibly be due to those raging end-of-the-pregnancy hormones.
just ask dave. and maybe you can feel a little bit sorry for him, too.
i cried and cried last night after i kissed nat goodnight.
it felt so strange, saying goodnight to her, knowing the next time i kissed her goodnight, i would be a mother of two. she's been my one and only for 2 years and 8 months. the best 2 years and 8 months of our lives, so far, as i know it will just continue to get better!
this weekend, life is going to change dramatically for us as i go into the hospital in the morning to be induced. john will make his arrival soon! he will join his very big sister and will be a blessing to us all, i know.
i've been so anxious this week about becoming a mom of two. how will i do it? how will i possibly have the patience, wisdom, wherewithal, energy to be a mom of two???
my desk calendar yesterday provided the perfect message that i needed to hear:
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
and then again, as i prayed last night, tears were flowing. tears of joy, fear, anxiety, and hope. i opened my bible to psalm 63 last night, and found more words i desperately needed to hear:
"Because you are my Help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you, your right hand upholds me."

today, i took natalie to the zoo to celebrate this day together. we had SO MUCH FUN together, and i cherished every second. [it was also part-tradition, as my mom took me to the zoo the day that she went into labor with katy!!] we met a really sweet mom there who had three children. we hit it off and she shared with me how amazing it has been to welcome a second, and then a third into their home. how she has been so blessed to watch how her children love each other. more words i needed to hear. it will be so incredible to watch natalie love her little brother.

God has been good to provide me with encouragement this week.

so tonight, I celebrate my last night of being a mom of "one" and anxiously await and anticipate becoming a mom of "two" tomorrow! natalie is happy as a lark settled in at gam's house tonight.

i love you more than you'll ever know, my big girl, and can't wait to watch you become a big sister.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

So beautifully put, Kelly! Good luck tomorrow!

Lane said...

Agreed, beautifully put! Good Luck and lots of prayers for you and a safe and healthy arrival of JH! LCH

Sutton Family said...

Oh Kel! I can't wait to meet John Harman! I know that you will be the BEST mother of two! Love you!