Tuesday, August 17, 2010

john harman's shower...

My precious friends at work planned a very special shower for me last week. Words really can't capture my gratitude to them for the amazing afternoon that was. I feel so very honored, and know that John will be welcomed to the world by so many who love him and have been praying for his arrival. I appreciate with all of my heart all that my colleagues have done to support me through this pregnancy. A few pictures below capture the lovely details of that afternoon....

i arrived to work that morning and found a beautiful hydrangea wreath hanging on my office door...it also welcomed everyone to the shower!

the precious invitation

the wonderful hostesses...please forgive the preggo photos of myself (i DO NOT like pregnant pictures of myself)

precious favors

opening the beautiful blanket my grandmother made for John

fabulous decorations

oh, the cake was so good...and the punch...the punch was delicious!!

sweet carol p., our director of care coordination

my sweet mama and dave's sweet mama came to the shower to celebrate their first grandson!

thank you again, sweet friends, for such a special day. john was showered with so many wonderful gifts, and we are so blessed by your generosity.

love,
kel

2 comments:

AnnieBlogs said...

You look beautiful, Kel!!

Laura said...

Oh Kel! Tears that I wasn't there! Looks like you had a wonderful shower. Love his name! And love the pics of you! You are beautiful, Mama, don't you forget it! xoxo